Sunday, March 19, 2017

I Know I'll See Jesus Some Day




Sweet is the hope that is thrilling my soul—
I know I’ll see Jesus some day!
Then what if the dark clouds of sin o’er me roll,
I know I’ll see Jesus some day!

Though I must travel by faith, not by sight,
I know I’ll see Jesus some day!
No evil can harm me, no foe can affright—
I know I’ll see Jesus some day!

Darkness is gath’ring, but hope shines within,
I know I’ll see Jesus some day!
What joy when He comes to wipe out ev’ry sin;
I know I’ll see Jesus some day!

Chorus
I know I’ll see Jesus some day!
I know I’ll see Jesus some day!
What a joy it will be
When His face I shall see,
I know I’ll see Jesus some day!
- Avis B. Christiansen -




Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, 
whilst we are at home in the body, 
we are absent from the Lord:
For we walk by faith, not by sight:
We are confident, I say, 
and willing rather to be absent from the body, 
and to be present with the Lord.
- 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 -


 For our conversation is in heaven; 
from whence also we look for the Saviour, 
the Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall change our vile body, 
that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, 
according to the working whereby he is able 
even to subdue all things unto himself.
- Philippians 3:20,21 -


And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, 
clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, 
was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, 
and yielded her fruit every month: 
and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
And there shall be no more curse: 
but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; 
and his servants shall serve him:
And they shall see his face; 
and his name shall be in their foreheads.
And there shall be no night there; 
and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; 
for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
- Revelation 22:1-5 -




Heaven is not an invention of the human imagination.
It is as sure as the promise of Christ in the Scriptures:
In my Father's house are many mansions: 
if it were not so, I would have told you. 
I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, 
I will come again, and receive you unto myself; 
that where I am, there ye may be also.
- John 14:2,3 -

Let your soul come alive with the thrill of expectation-
the glories of heaven and the prospect of personally seeing Jesus.
- Kenneth W. Osbeck -




Have a blessed Lord's Day, friends!

26 comments:

Simply Linda said...

Beautiful my friend...have a lovely SONday. smiles

Karen said...

I love all the quotes and verses, but the one that stands out to me is, "One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase". Have a blessed Sunday

Sylvia said...

Amen, Stephanie,our post was about the same thing today. God works in many ways.

Mary Hutchins said...

What a day that will be, when my Savior I shall see!!!

NanaDiana said...

Another beautiful post, Stephanie. I hope you have a peaceful, blessed Sunday- xo Diana

krishna said...

oh dear.. you are such a lovely person.. XO..

Chris Lally said...

Perfect post for this day (and every day)! Thank you, Stephanie!
God bless you and your family.

magnoliasntea said...

Beautiful, beautiful! So inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn Mathis said...

You have outdone yourself with this post. Oh the blessed thought that one day I will see my Saviour face-to-face. the problems of this life will be past and forgotten. And it truly will be worth it all just to see His face and hear Him say, "Well done". Thanks for this wonderfully inspiring post. Hugs.

Celestina Marie said...

Dear Stephanie, this post for Sunday is beautiful and such a blessing. So special to know in our hearts and live with the promise we will see Jesus One Day!! Lovely hymn!
Thank you for sharing and inspiring. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.
Hugs and Joys to you! xo

Gina said...

Stephanie, oh what a day that will be! The gospel not only gives us hope. We can rejoice in knowing we will be with Him one day!

Debby Ray said...

What a day that will be! Amen...beautiful, beautiful post!♥

Tamago said...

Lovely post, Stephanie! I hope you enjoyed your beautiful Sunday :-)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Isn't that a beautiful promise that Jesus made in the verse from John? Thank you for reminding us of His word, sweet friend. I hope you and your dear family had a lovely and blessed Lord's Day. Love to you.....

Mari said...

Beautiful post Stephanie - and it's full of the hope we can be confident in!

handmade by amalia said...

Another beautiful post, Stephanie. Enjoy the new week!
Amalia
xo

Brenda said...

Lovely post, full of the Words of life.
God bless.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Always a day late for your Sunday devotional, but thank God, we can praise Him any time! I hope you have a blessed week dearest Stephanie!

Sandy said...

I love your Sunday posts Stephanie. They always make me stop and ponder. I do believe I see Jesus (God) everyday as they live in my heart.
Sandy xx

Red Rose Alley said...

I love these, Stephanie, especially the last Pink polka dot verse. : )

Happy first day of Spring, dear friend.

love, ~Sheri

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Beautiful verses Stephanie (and so true)! Have a wonderful week!

Dianna said...

Such beautiful graphics that further enhance the words of the hymn and verses. You have such a talent for these gorgeous creations, Stephanie.

Conniecrafter said...

Love that quote from Osbeck, may our soul always come alive with the thrill of the expectation of being with our Lord Jesus!!
Wishing you a most wonderful week!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

I've always loved John 14:2,3. Blessings for your week, my dear. xo Hugs Karen

SpicingUpIdaho said...

I love how you put the quotes and hymns into a beautiful graphic, just lovely! How wonderful the promise is that someday we will see Jesus face to face, what glory that shall be! It will be worth it all is a dear favorite song of mine. I will be singing it now all day long :) Hugs to you today!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I do not know this hymn but I love it! I always love your inspiring posts on Sundays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...